Monday, January 28, 2013

Flowers for Sale

One day, I would love to own a florist boutique. Of course, it would most likely be more of a shop than a boutique. (A shop filled with imports and trinkets of my travels, with baskets and cabinets and cages spilling with exotic flowers from around the world.) I am obsessed with global floral markets and the ways that flowers are sold in lush quantities in different countries. When I was travelling through Thailand years ago, I was obsessed with the Buddhist flower markets, and purchased multiple beautiful handmade offerings for a Baht or two. Below are fabulous flower markets of India, Southeast Asia, and the amazing bicycle florists from South America and beyond. Obsessed! 

Who knows, maybe you will see me riding through Brooklyn and lower Manhattan on a bike, overflowing with flowers one day. 

- THE RAM
 




No comments:

Post a Comment